What is the qualification?
Westmeria has been awarded a BACP Approved Practitioner Qualification for the TC-L4 diploma course. The two year course is run yearly, starting in September.
The diploma qualification itself remains unchanged and candidates can expect to receive the same robust TC-L4 qualification they always have, with additional BACP resources available and a smooth transition to registration with BACP. They will also receive certification that includes both a CPCAB and BACP logo together with confirmation that they have completed a qualification that meets the standards of the BACP Approved Practitioner Qualification.
What is the difference?
Centres will provide the opportunity for candidates to undertake the BACP Certificate of Proficiency (COP) during the course, instead of waiting to access this exam after passing their diploma, (the COP test is a mandatory requirement for entry to the BACP Register). It becomes an additionally assessed element of the TC-L4 Diploma and will be sat in the latter part of your 2nd year when you have completed the appropriate amount of counselling practice hours (tbc).
Candidates qualifying with the BACP Approved Practitioner Qualification – Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling will have automatic entry to the BACP Register.
An additional one-off fee of £25 per candidate is charged by BACP/CPCAB at the start of the course (in addition to the CPCAB registration fee and centre course fees). Please note that this will apply to ALL students registered on the course – it is not “opt-in/out’.
Candidates will be supported for an extension period of 12 months for completion of the COP, however, if after this time you do not pass then your certification will be for the L4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling but without the indication of BACP approval & logo.
What are the benefits of this for candidates?
- A straightforward route to BACP registration – candidates can gain automatic entry onto the BACP Register when they pass the COP during the TC-L4 course.
- The same robust TC-L4 qualification.
- New guidance from the BACP which responds to recent changes in the field of counselling and psychotherapy.
- Certification that includes both a CPCAB and BACP logo together with confirmation of a qualification that meets the standards of the BACP Approved Qualification scheme.
- Tutor support for the BACP Certificate of Proficiency undertaken as part of the course.
- Westmeria will support requirements for an extension period of 12 months for completion of the BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
More information can be found at:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with one of our L4 Tutors.