CERTIFICATE IN COUNSELLING SUPERVISION COURSE
Certificate in Supervision
To understand the skills and knowledge required for effective counselling supervision and to give an opportunity and environment to practice these.
The supervision course will be delivered over 5 weekends, covering a 6 month period (65 hours). Supervisees will be expected to carry out their skills with their own supervisees and evidence their learning from this in between weekends. The course will involve theoretical input from the course tutors, group discussions, experiential exercises and practice sessions. The course has been designed in accordance with the BACP Supervision Training Curriculum.
Assignments will include feedback forms evidencing 20 hour long supervision sessions, an audio/video recording of one of these sessions, a portfolio of learning including a reflective journal and an essay outlining how you have used your learning in your supervision practice.
By the end of the course participants will have evidenced:
- Understanding the process of counselling supervision including ethical considerations and dilemmas.
- Working within their own proficiency and supporting their supervisees to do the same.
- Understanding the various roles required in supervision and practice in applying these.
- Consideration of the implications of the context in which supervision takes place.
- A clear understanding of the skills required for effective supervision and practice in applying these.
- Understanding the multiple goals and tasks of counselling supervision.
- Using theory, research and skills to inform good supervision practice.
- Consideration of the implications of supervising counsellors who use different theoretical approaches.
- Effectively structuring supervision sessions.
- An understanding of the administrative tasks involved in supervision.
- Exploring the differences between one-to-one supervision and group supervision
- 3 years post-qualification and a minimum of 450 hours counselling post qualification
- Personal statement including why you want to train as a supervisor
- Reference by E-mail or letter from your current supervisor
Dates: 5 weekends over a 6 month period. Days will run from 10:00am until 4:30pm.
The course is run once a year so please get in contact to find out the dates of the next course.
Cost: £1200.00 (Deposit of £400 to secure your place)
Please make applications by post or via email:
Post: Westmeria Counselling College, Bromley Park Surgery, 6 Daly Drive, Bickley, BR1 2JQ