- This event has passed.
9th November 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Facilitator: Mishelle Stewart
Qualified Practitioners – £65; Trainee Counsellor – £50; Westmeria Staff/Student – £45
(Limited spaces: 20)
Working with Suicide
This one-day workshop will focus on how the way you think about suicide affects the way you talk about and work with it. Key areas for exploration will be:
- suicide and self harm
- risk assessment: how/what/when/why
- identifying protective factors
- confidentiality and ethical/legal requirements
- exploring own personal blocks
The day will comprise of small group exercises, role play demonstrations (voluntaryparticipants), whole class discussions and individual reflection opportunities.
Facilitation will be delivered from an Integrative theoretical perspective.
Mishelle is a highly qualified Integrative counsellor/psychotherapist with specialised skills in Psychosexual and Relationship therapy. Alongside her private practice, Mishelle runs her own counselling training workshops and lectures on counselling courses.
- Venue Address: Westmeria Counselling, Bromley Park Medical Centre, 6 Daly Drive, Bickley, BR1 2FF
- Please note, we ask attendees to bring their own lunch, however we will provide refreshments throughout the day.
- Free parking spaces on site.
- Nearest stations: Bickely and Chislehurst. Nearest bus stops: R7, 269, 162.